The Zone diet is more than just your ordinary diet. It is positioned more as a lifestyle program that not only helps you to lose weight but also fight against the effects of aging, chronic conditions and other illnesses.
According to the Zone diet, you can improve your mental and physical performance by eating the right combination of protein, fats and carbohydrates.
Zone Diet Details
Dr. Sears Zone diet was created in the year 2002 and quickly became popular in the fitness industry. Lets take a deeper look into the Zone diet below.
The Zone diet primarily focuses on controlling the insulin levels in our blood, thereby giving importance to the carbohydrates, proteins and fats ratio intake in your diet.
The Zone diet recommends a 40-30-30 ratio in your diet. This means you have to take 40% carbohydrates, 30% proteins and 30% fat in your meals.
Foods To Be Avoided
If you want to follow a diet plan without having to risk your health, the Zone diet may just work for you. Here are some ideas on the food choices that are to be eliminated once you try the Zone diet:
1. All refined carbohydrates and simple forms of sugar
2. Organ meat and egg yolks
3. Fruits and vegetables which have a high glucose content
4. Foods which contain saturated fats
1. Apart from weight loss, the Zone Diet is also effective in the prevention and treatment of many disorders and illnesses. Some of the health conditions include the following: type 1 and type 2 Diabetes, PMS, heart disease, depression, hypothyroidism, and cancer.
2. Dieters who are unsuccessful in low-fat weight loss programs may benefit from this type of diet. Those who have no illness or other existing health conditions may also try this diet without risks.
3. Decreases inflammation in conditions like asthma.
4. Positive healthy weight loss effects.
5. The diet is doctor recommended and is tried by a lot of people worldwide.
6. There is a lot of free and useful information on weight loss in their website.
7. The Zone diet recommends exercise which is always a positive sign of a good weight loss program.
1. Although the diet is safe and effective, it has no published medical research that can support its claims.
2. Some critics call this diet carbo-phobic and irresponsible.
3. Because there is a restriction in the carbohydrate intake, the dieter may not have a sufficient source of dietary fiber which the body needs.
4. Individuals who have increased caloric needs may be potentially harmed from this diet. These people include pregnant and lactating women, children, adolescents, and infants.
5. Some dieters complain that the Zone diet is too scientific and complicated making it a difficult diet to understand and follow.
Dr. Sears is a reputable medical professional who is trusted by his peers and clients alike. Although the Zone diet is clinically proven and worth trying, there are critics and health experts who question the effectiveness of this diet in the long run. Consult your doctor before taking this diet just like you should before undertaking any other diet plan.